Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Psalm 1 “Testimony from Training”



Truth for Truckers” *June 1, 2014* Psalm 1 “Testimony from Training
                          
     Today this Psalm became especially meaningful as we sit here in Jacksonville, FL waiting for another load of freight during the last few days of my training period with Covenant Transport. During my early morning walk at another stop in Jacksonville where we spent the night I noticed a license plate on the front of a Peterbilt tractor that simply said JESUS! It was a blessing indeed in the midst of all this chaos and turmoil that I have been experiencing in an attempt to become an OTR driver for Covenant Transport.

     Psalm 1 with its emphasis on God’s blessing to those who take a stand and stay devoted to Him and His Word is more relevant to me now than ever, for if I continue to stick to my guns as it were concerning all types of moral and ethical issues found in this culture of truck driving, I’m sure the LORD will bless me for obedience to His commands. I am praying for Eugene Lake, my new and fourth trainer in only 17 days, that he will fully understand the Word of God concerning being a born-again Christian. Also I am asking the LORD to get me to my truck without going on the bus as I have brought my computer with me and extra luggage. In addition, I need my medicine to be renewed in about 10 days and will have to return home to get it, so I’m asking the LORD for His working there.

     ‘Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful, but his delight is in the Law of the LORD, and in His Law doth he meditate day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, its leaf also shall not wither, and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous, for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish.’

     These are the principles, the truths that must regulate every obedient child of God, and here in this business the tests are manifold and increasingly intense because of the temptations to cheat on the logbook, the  various vices that are abundant to truckers in the truck-stops i.e. prostitutes, drugs and gambling, and  also the corruption and filth that is on the CB radio if you use it as you  must in certain city and stop situations.

     Nevertheless, the LORD is able to deliver and keep my feet from falling and to present me faultless before the presence of His glory, of that I am sure. However, in Romans 13:14 we are told to ‘make no provision for the flesh’ but instead ‘put on the Lord Jesus Christ’ which in this case I must exercise discernment and determine if this job/lifestyle is really for someone who wants to live for and serve the LORD!

     Already today I have been tempted to agree with some statements and practices that I know full well are sinful if I partake or agree to these suggestions that ‘all’ truckers are expected to indulge in, especially in the sexual arena, and it seems that therein lies the great difficulty in separating from all this garbage. But, when I am alone and have the rule over where I spend my time and what I do when not ‘under a load’ things will be a lot different. For, the LORD says: ‘There is no temptation taken you but such as is common to man, but God is faithful  in that He will not suffer you to be tempted above that which ye are able, but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.’
(I Corinthians 10:13) So, with this promise I will drive on!

Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment