Sunday, June 29, 2014

Psalm 56-"Praying in Persecution"



Truth for Truckers” *March 26, 2014* Psalm 56 “Praying in Persecution”

     There are three key statements revealing the heart of David and his successful plan when facing the persecution of the enemy. After laying himself upon the mercy of God, which is a good example for each of us for only through the mercy of the Lord which is found in Christ are we able to stand in the midst of persecution. Having established the basic foundation of God’s mercy David gives a clear picture of his faith. He does not allow the numerous enemies to swallow him up with fear, instead he applies his faith in God’s promises and the three key statements which are found twice in this relatively short Psalm:

“What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee” (v.3) This trust is founded in his great love for the Word of God where all trust/faith finds its source. These three key statements are the basis for his victory:
1.      “In God I will praise His Word” (v.4, 10)
2.      “In God I have put my trust” (v.4, 11)
3.      “I will not fear what flesh/man can do unto me” (v.4, 11)

     He, then utters two verses of testimony giving statements of his confidence in God’s delivering power: “When I cry unto Thee, then shall my enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me…For Thou has delivered my soul from death; will not Thou deliver my feet from falling, that I man walk before God in the light of the living? (v.9, 13).

     David’s son Solomon must have seen his father in action and penned the results in Proverbs 29:25- “The fear of man brings a snare, but whoso trusts in the LORD shall be safe.” Trusting in God regardless of the circumstances is the simple answer to any of the complex attacks from man that we face!

Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org I-85 Exit 35 SC  McPilot  Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!


No comments:

Post a Comment