Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Psalm 16 “I shall not be moved”



‘Truth for Truckers’*February 16, 2014* Psalm 16 “I shall not be moved”

     This bold statement from David is not only comforting, but it is the title of an old Spiritual Song of the same name. “I shall, I shall, I shall not be moved” is one section of this song that my parents sang as we drove down the highway in the 1940’s and 50’s and every time the 16th of the month rolls around this song enters into my mind and I begin singing the lyrics found in this 3,000 year old Psalm/song by David!

     But the reason “I shall not be moved [shaken]” depends on the first part of the verse: “I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved [shaken]”. (Psalm 16:8). Setting the LORD/Jehovah before us is the key. Having Him at our right hand guarantees un-shakable guidance and fellowship as we walk in the Light throughout our day. So, how, exactly, do we set the LORD before us? This is a supernatural work which must be accomplished by faith as we begin our day in the Word, praying for the LORD to fill us with His Holy Spirit. Remember, “Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

     But, before the filling we must be emptied and all it takes is confession of any known sin which brings about the cleansing power of the Blood of Christ according to I John 1:7-9 “But if we walk in the Light as He is in the Light, we have fellowship one with another, and the Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the Truth is not in us. If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

     Now, the clean vessel is ready to be filled with the Holy Spirit and that is another act of faith as we ask in the powerful name of Jesus we must believe that the LORD will do what He promised: “How much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him? (Luke 11:13). The we must believe that the LORD will go (Deuteronomy 1:30) before us and walk with us at our right hand and the old Spiritual Song will hold true:  “I shall, I shall, I shall not be moved.
                                                         I shall, I shall, I shall not be moved.
                                                         Just like the tree planted by the water,
                                                         I shall not be moved”.
Hey, Drivers, listen to the attached New Song for today and learn this old Spiritual Song as you sing the Scripture/Psalm to the LORD!.
       
Chaplain L.E.Wolfe www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC  McPilot  Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment